Public relations is an essential part of ensuring the success of your program. This section will detail a number of ways to promote your library's programs.
- Graphics: SCLS can help you create the perfect flyer, poster, or bookmark for your event - or create your own - whatever works for you. See below for samples from SCLS libraries.
- Press releases: SCLS can also help you with this - or check out the PR Toolkit for sample releases
- Where to promote?
- Local newspaper(s) - check with them for necessary deadlines and best way to submit press releases
- Cable Access channels - use them if you got them. Some may even tape your programs for future broadcast but be sure to get permission from your presenter
- Local television and radio stations (if applicable)
- Your website
- Portalwisconsin.org is a statewide nonprofit arts and culture web site sponsored by the Cultural Coalition of Wisconsin. To list events, classes, etc. on the site, you need to obtain a username and password: send your name, email address, and name of your library to Jennifer A. Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email list or library blog
- Place promotional materials (bookmarks) in all the books on your hold shelf
- Place promotional materials at all service desks
- Post promotional materials at local businesses, senior citizen centers, Chamber of Commerce, etc.