Preplanning your events is essential! Some libraries plan six months ahead while others plan a year ahead. It all depends on your needs. If you're planning author visits or other well-known presenters, one can never ask too early as they often book their engagements a year or more ahead.
- Using your library's meeting rooms? Make sure you book your rooms early.
- Confirm, and reconfirm your presenter / speaker
- Do your presenters / speakers need to travel to your library? Make sure they have accurate directions and map plus any necessary information.
- Make sure to get the presenter / speaker's cell phone number - just in case!
- Food and drink - do you provide it for the attendees? Do you work with a local coffee shop or business? Some libraries work with their Friends group to provide refreshments - good exposure for your Frends.
Do you require pre-registration for your event? Will your room only hold 50 people? Does your presenter / speaker have a limit on the number of people for the program (especially for a class type program)?
Finding Presenters / Speakers
See Resources page for more