Here are ideas & suggestions from SCLS member libraries relating to Adult Summer Reading programs. Many thanks to all who are helping to create this wiki.
Concept / Promotion of Programs
- Neighborhood-based program with tagline being the Library's resident cow, saying "Northside - Utterly Great" (MAD - LAK)
Design / Structure of Programs
- Activity Log in Bookmark Form (SKC)
- "Every time someone reads a book, he or she fills out a slip with the title, author, and a capsule review. That slip goes into a pot for drawing" (MAD - LAK).
Examples of Special Events
- Summer "how-to" on Canning Tomatoes. "See all the stages of canning and learn how it is done." (ORE)
- Partner with the Library's teen summer program to bring in a special performer such as "Dark Tales of Mystery and Intrigue" with Robert Halbrook (ORE)
- Armchair Travel - Peru. "Patrons bring pictures and souvenirs and talk about their trip." (ORE)
- Weekly prizes from Northside businesses - $10 gift cards donated by the Friends of Lakeview (MAD - LAK).